Wednesday 16 March 2011

Book Finds

Our local Library had a book sale recently, so we picked up some good reads for about £5.

Little lady wasn't too impressed by the Maths dictionary and practice books, but was excited aboutt The Magical Mermaid, the Lady Grace mysteries and Enid Blyron's Famous Five. I picked Walk Two Moons for her, which Phillip Pullman's Spring-Heeled Jack.

Little Man decided he had to have a book called Bums , Mr Biff the Boxer by Allen Ahlberg from the Happy Families series I loved as a child and randomly one about plants




These were the ones I picked for myself (I had to give up when I realised I couldn't carry anymore). I have started Fingersmith by Sarah Walters and I am engrossed. I have also started Good Harbour by Anita Diamant and am not too crazy about it so far, will see, as her Red Tent is a book I enjoyed thoroughly.



I am excited about Soul Mountain by Gao Xingjian, which was the first book by a Chinese writer to win the Nobel peace prize and the map of Love by Egyptian author Ahdaf Soueif. I have heard about Yann Martel's Life of Pi, so have been curious and Stuart, A Life Backwards seems to have an interesting premise.

Plenty to keep us all happy then (okay, so maybe not Little Lady and the Maths Dictionary, but near enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment